What is Vodafone HomeView?
View is a video monitoring solution for Vodafone at Home broadband customers. It allows you to monitor your home or office by using LiveView or by receiving instant text and email alerts based on motion detected by the camera.
Once you register for your HomeView online account you will be able to set up, manage and access LiveView & recorded videos. You can also access your HomeView account using a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
What is included with Vodafone HomeView?
Vodafone HomeView offers a number of security features to help protect your home:
- Augmented home alarm, great for when you're away for extended periods
- Significantly cheaper home monitoring system
- Easy to install and easy to manage
- Cloud based storage and management
- Optimised for Smartphone’s and tablets
- High quality full colour video with audio storage and streaming
- Real time access from anywhere in the world
- Alerting: movement sensors in the camera instantly email snapshots, and/or SMS, when motion is detected
Get more information on Vodafone HomeView, including how to order online.
What do I need before I can order Vodafone HomeView?
Before you can purchase Vodafone HomeView make sure to check the following:
- You must have a Vodafone At Home account.
- You must sign up to a new 12 month home broadband contract.
- HomeView will only work while your broadband is powered on.
How do I activate Vodafone HomeView?
Each HomeView pack will contain 1 camera (with wall mounting), 1 DSL cable, 1 power cable and a quick starter guide. You will need to follow the quick start guide to set up Vodafone HomeView. Below are the key steps to help you get started:
- Connect the camera to your broadband router.
- The camera must always be plugged in using the power cable.
- Register your camera at www.vodafone.ie/myhomeview. As part of the registration process you will be instructed how to link the connect your camera to the WiFi. This will give you the flexibility to position the camera in a suitable location.
- You should then position the camera to face the area the wish to monitor.
- Finally, you can set up the motion detection settings for the camera online using 'Camera Manager'. This allows you to set the motion sensitivity, the motion detection schedule and alerts.
I can't set up my HomeView camera - what should I do?
Do I have to sign a contract to get HomeView?
How to set up my HomeView camera?
Can I get HomeView if I don't have broadband?
Can I get HomeView if I have broadband with another provder?
Will LiveView & alerts work if my modem is switched off?
Can I customise my HomeView alerts?
This could be due to the motion detection sensitivity settings. Motion detection sensitivity is the level of difference between the current image and the previous image. Login to your HomeView account and click 'Camera Manager' and then click on 'Motion detection setup'. Here you can adjust the camera motion detection sensitivity.
If you get too many detections move the slider towards larger movements, if you get too few move the slider towards small movements. The best procedure to setup motion sensitivity is having someone walk in front of the camera while adjusting the settings until your feel you are getting the required results.
Why is Vodafone LiveView breaking up and slow?
Why is my Vodafone HomeView camera blinking red?
How can I view previous HomeView recordings?
I'm getting an error when adding a second HomeView camera?
It could be due to one of the following:
- Camera is unknown to us (you can only connect a Vodafone HomeView camera)
- Your account isn't set up for multiple cameras - call 1907, option 2, to speak with our tech support team
How can I watch HomeView live images on my smartphone?
Why is there a delay on the LiveView video stream?
How far from my router can I put my HomeView camera?
Why can't I create a HomeView account on my smartphone?
Why do I get "server not found" error message?
How do I reset my HomeView camera?
There is a reset button located on the right side of the camera. This button reverts the camera back to its original settings and may be required from time to time if the camera is not functioning correctly.
While powered on, press and hold for 2 seconds with a paper clip or similar until the LED blinks once.
Can I upgrade / downgrade my HomeView account?
You can upgrade from HomeView to HomeView Plus. If you do decide to upgrade, you are then required to re-contract your broadband for an extra 12 months.
You can downgrade to HomeView from HomeView Plus. You will need to cancel the camera that you do not wish to use from your HomeView account.