My credit is lower than expected - why?
If you need to know what your credit has been spent on, you should check your usage in the My Vodafone app. When checking your usage, you should keep an eye out for the following:
- Data charges - Check to see if you have gone over the allowance that you have in your monthly top up offer, charges for usage outside of your allowance can be found here. Also, if you are using your phone to tether, or using the hotspot function, make sure you are using the live.vodafone.com APN as this is the only one covered in your offer allowance. You can check this in your handset settings.
- Premium Texts – Some competitions and other services operate on a subscription basis, sending you jokes, sports results or similar content by text message on a regular basis, in exchange for credit. For details on how to unsubscribe from such services and contact information for the content provider, please visit the Comreg website, then enter the 5 digit number the text comes from.
How do I remove a network lock from my phone?
You can unlock your phone by using our unlock code form. There are certain criteria that you must meet in order to be eligible to receive an unlock code, these are called out at the top of the page when you choose what type of customer you are.
Once you’ve filled out the form, the table below will advise how quickly you can expect to hear back.
I’m unable to browse certain sites on my phone, what can I do?
My Caller ID doesn’t work?
For instructions on how to switch on your Caller ID, visit our Device Guides. Choose your device, go to ‘Basic Use’ and then ‘Making Calls’ and there is an instruction there called ‘Turn your own caller identification on or off’.
If it still doesn’t work, then contact one of our agents on our Community for help.
How can I check my Cherry Points balance?
When do Vodafone Cherry Points expire?
Cherry Points need to be redeemed on or before 28 February, two calendar years after you first earn them. For example:
- Any points collected between January - December 2016 will need to be used by 28 Feb 2018.
Can I transfer my Cherry Points to another phone?
No, Cherry Points can only be used to redeem rewards against the mobile number on which they are applied.
If you switch from pay as you go to bill pay on the same number, your Cherry Points will be automatically carried over for you to use at a later date.
I topped up today, but can’t see the Cherry Points on my balance. When will they appear?
How do I register to get my free credit?
If you were already a Vodafone customer before you bought your new phone, simply:
- Update your new phone details on My Vodafone within 60 days of using your phone for the first time.
- Top up by €20 or more in one go and you will receive €5 extra.
- Put your new SIM into your phone.
- Register your details on My Vodafone within 60 days of using your new SIM.
- Top up by €20 or more in one go (top up not required for SIM only customers who keep their existing phone when they join Vodafone).
I want to change my price plan.
How often can I change my price plan?
As long as you are not within your tariff lock in period, bill pay customers can change their plan once a month via this website. See the tariff lock in periods below.
- If you connected to a Vodafone RED tariff (other than RED 12 Month or RED 30 Day) with a handset or upgrade on or after 2nd July '14 you have a lock in period of 24 months.
- If you connected to a Vodafone RED tariff (other than RED 12 Month or RED 30 Day) with a handset or upgrade before 2nd July '14 you have a lock in period of 12 months.
Find out what plan is best for you
See our bill pay plans to figure out your best option based on how much:
- you talk, text or use the internet on your phone
- you'd like to spend each month
How long is top up credit valid?
When you top up, you can make calls for 6 months and receive calls for 8 months. After 8 months your call credit will expire.
Once you top up, all previous credit (even expired credit) becomes valid.
- For example, if you go 9 months without topping up but have €5.00 credit left, you won't be able to make calls.
- But if you then top up by €10.00, all €15.00 of your credit will be available for making calls over the next 6 months.
What are add ons & how do I get them?
What are add ons?
When you buy in bundles, you get better value. For example:
- If you buy a text message add on, you can get unlimited texts for a fixed rate.
- If you frequently use the internet from your phone, you'll probably be better off getting a data add which will give you 5GB of data for a fixed rate.
- If you enjoy music or sports, you can get a Spotify Premium or Sky Sports Mobile TV add on.
For information on add-on prices, have a look at our Pay as you go add-ons page.
Managing your add-ons
You can sign up for all of the add ons, or manage your existing ones, within MyVodafone.
You can also get your add ons balances within My Vodafone, or sent to your phone via text message (for example, how many texts you have left).
My Vodafone App
The easiest and quickest way to top up is through the My Vodafone App. Our My Vodafone App page gives you all the information you need to download the app.
Quick Top Up
With Vodafone you can do a quick top up without calling into a store, simply log onto My Vodafone or call 1741 option 2 and top up directly, while you’re there you can also save your payment card details and use our other quick top up services.
Once your details are saved, you can now top up in the following ways:
- Automatic Top up - Schedule a top up for each week or month by calling 1741 or logging onto MyVodafone.
- Text - Text "TOPUP" followed by the top up amount and last 4 digits of your registered payment card to 50277. (e.g. TOPUP 30 1234) to top up by 30euro.
- Online - Log onto My Vodafone to top up instantly.
- Free Call - 1741 option 2 to talk to a customer rep and top up.
You can also top up online or at any ATM with the following banks:
You can buy a top up voucher at any one of over 7,500 retailers nationwide as well as in any Vodafone Store.
Can I get my friend to top me up?
Top Me Up
With Vodafone Top Me Up, there's always someone who'll give you credit. All you need are family or friends on a Vodafone bill pay price plan. They can top you up online or by text at any time. It's quick, it's easy and it's free.
I'm on pay as you go - How do I get credit sent to me?
- To get credit from a family member or friend, on a Vodafone bill pay price plan, all you have to do is text their number to 50228.
- The person you're asking will receive a text from you, that reads 'Please Top Me Up'.
- They can then top you up by texting your number, followed by a space and the amount they want to top you up with, to 50228. For example, if your number is 0877654321 and they want to top you up by €20, their reply text will be: 0877654321 20. They will need to send their reply text within 24 hours of receiving your request.
- They will receive a three-digit PIN code from 50228.
- To confirm the top up, they text this PIN code back to 50228.
- The credit is automatically added to your mobile and you will both receive a text confirming this. All texts involved in Vodafone Top Me Up are free.
Terms and conditions apply.
How can I receive IOU credit?
Never get stuck without credit.Now there are two ways to get IOU credit with Vodafone - IOU credit and IOU Buddy.
Vodafone IOU & Super IOU
With Vodafone IOU, you can get a €2 or €4 boost of credit to keep you going until the next time you top up. So when you get that punctured tyre or absolutely have to respond to that special someone... you can! The next time you top up, you'll be charged for the amount of the IOU you used plus 15c for a €2 IOU or 30c for a €4 Super IOU.
How do I get it?
- Text IOU to 50223 and receive €2 credit instantly!
- Text SUPER to 50223 and receive €4 credit instantly!
- You can also get IOU & Super IOU on My Vodafone.
Vodafone IOU Buddy
With IOU Buddy, you can ask any of your friends or family for call credit if you're running low, or you can send some call credit to a buddy in need to say thanks, or even if you're just feeling generous! You can send or request any amount between €2 and €20.
How do I get it?
- Ask for a lend - Just text "ASK" followed by your Buddy's number and the amount you need to 50223. So you would text "Ask 0872233445 8" if you needed €8 credit.
- Want to say thanks or send a little gift to someone who's running low? Just text "SEND" followed by your friend's number and the amount to 50223. So texting "Send 0871234567 5" will send your friend €5 credit.
- You can also manage all your IOU Buddy requests on My Vodafone.
View terms and conditions for IOU Credit.
View terms and conditions for IOU Buddy.
How do I see how much credit I have left?
On My Vodafone, you can see your remaining call credit and view your top up history.
On your phone
Simply type *174# and press call or send. You’ll see your credit immediately – and the text is free. If you have a selected smartphone you can download the My Vodafone app for free and check your balance on the go!
How much does it cost to use data on my phone?
It depends. If you have a Pay as you go data add-on or you've signed up for one of our competitive data offers then any data you use will be deducted from this allowance.
Check out our pay as you go top up offers & add ons.
View pay as you go out of offer charges.
Find out more about data usage.
How much are call charges with Pay as you go price plans?
The best way to check your price plan – and to find out how much you're being charged – is to register your account on My Vodafone.
My Vodafone allows you view your pay as you go call charges and to check or change your price plan.
Alternatively, you can find out more about Vodafone Pay as you go price plans in the sales brochure pages of our site.
International Top Up Offer Countries
With the Vodafone Pay as you go international top up offer you can call any of the following countries: