What is Always Connected?
Vodafone always connected is our new 4G broadband back up service. In the rare event that the customer’s broadband goes down, their modem will automatically switch to our award-winning mobile network, keeping the customer seamlessly connected (meaning no more online interruptions).
The Always Connected 4G back-up kicks in automatically without the customer even knowing, and all the devices on their network will stay connected without them needing to do anything - there's no need to sign in on all of their devices again to a different Wi-Fi network.
Always Connected gives the customer reliability and peace of mind keeping them connected no matter what happens. When the issue is resolved the modem connection returns to the fixed broadband network as normal.
How can customer Setup Always Connected?
Vodafone always connected is a self-install solution. Customer can setup Vodafone Always Connected backup internet device in 3 easy steps.
- Ask them to open their Vodafone Always Connected device and insert the standard size SIM card into the back of the device.
- Ask them to insert the Vodafone Always Connected device into the USB port at the back of their modem.
- The light on their Vodafone Always Connected device should be flashing along with the light under the “Mobile” label on the front of their Gigabox modem. This means their device is set up and now in standby mode.
Data Allowances & Data Cap
There will be a data cap of 300GB per month on the Always Connected device. This is close to the average monthly usage of a typical fixed customer.
Approximately 99% of line faults are repaired within 10 days, so the risk of a customer meeting this limit is low. The customer’s account will be topped up proactively with additional data add-ons if there is a prolonged fault with their service.
This ensures that the customer does not reach the data cap and guarantees that they are Always Connected. The 300GB data allowance will be renewed every month.
How can we detect if the customer is misusing the always connected allowance (Don’t inform the customer)
How to add Always Connected on UFE?
Adding Always Connected to an existing broadband customer’s account:
Follow below steps on UFE
- Go To Process Menu Bars
- Click on “Service Management” dropdown
- Go To “Manage Components”
- Scroll down to Broadband Section.
- In Broadband Components go to “Broadband Backup”
- Move the Broadband Backup toggle to Green
- On the confirmation dialogue box click Yes
- Click Next and follow the instructions to submit the request
Advise the customer that device will be delivered in 2 to 3 working days.
You must inform the customer of €5 charge per month for this service.
Note: If Always Connected is purchased as a part of Gigahome package, the charges may vary.