I need support with ...
I'm having trouble with my landline - how do I fix it?
Please try these simple checks:
- Check the lights on the front of your modem, making sure the 'Voice' light is not flashing
- Check the DSL cable from 'Phone Port 1' to your phone, making sure all connections are secure
If these checks have been done and you're still having issues, please contact customer care on 1907.
You can also take a look at our Device Guides.
Can I get add ons for my landline?
Add ons are a great way to add extra minutes to your plan for a small additional payment. The range of voice add ons include calls to mobiles, landlines and international destinations.
To order an add on
- Login to your My Vodafone account
- Make sure your landline subscription is selected at the top of the page
- Select 'Get an add on'
- Here you will see the add ons available to buy
- Simply select the add on you want to buy and follow the prompts on screen
You can also order add ons by giving us a call on freephone 1907.
Can I get Caller ID on my landline?
Caller Line Display lets you see the number of the person who is calling you. Vodafone customers will have this service available when your landline is activated. If you want to switch this on/off simply call 1907 and one of our representatives will make the change to your account. It may take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect. If you already have this service with another provider, it will transfer across as part of your Vodafone order.
Display your number on an outgoing call
- Call 1907 and speak to one of our advisors to disable caller display restriction on your account. This will show your number to the person you are calling. We'll make the necessary change but please be aware it may take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect.
- If caller display restriction is enabled, dial 142 before the number and this will show your phone number on this call only. E.g. 142 087 1234567
Hide your number on an outgoing calls
- Call 1907 and speak to one of our advisors to enable caller display restriction on your account. This will hide your number on all outgoing calls. We'll make the necessary change but please be aware it may take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect.
- If caller display restriction is disabled, dial 141 before the number and this will hide your phone number on this call only. E.g. 141 087 1234567
Are calls to Northern Ireland regarded as national calls?
Yes, calls to Northern Ireland are national calls, so the same rule of 59 minutes-per-call applies.
Be careful not to use the international prefix 0044 - or you'll be charged at the international rate. If you have an international add on, using the 0044 prefix will cause the minutes to be consumed from your allowance.
I am receiving marketing calls, what can I do?
You can delist your name or go ex-directory
You may be getting calls because you are listed on the National Directory Database. Contact us and we can remove your name.
Changing your Vodafone marketing preferences
From time to time we'd like to contact you about special offers, discounts, and new services to suit your needs. You can choose what you'd like us to contact you about and how you'd like to receive the information by choosing the options that suit you best.
To update your Vodafone marketing preference simply login to your My Vodafone account and follow the below instructions.
- Click on the Account icon on the bottom of the screen
- Select 'settings' then scroll to 'Personal settings'
- Click 'Marketing preferences'
- Click the 'Edit' button and tick what type of marketing methods you would like to receive from Vodafone
- Click ‘Save’ to complete the changes
Can I block certain types of outgoing calls from my landline?
You can bar certain call types for a monthly charge. Here are a few of the types of calls you can block:
- Mobile calls
- Premium rate calls
- International calls
- All outbound calls
- All inbound calls
Find out how much it costs to bar calls.
Want to set up call barring? Just give us a call on 1907.
What does VOIP mean?
Are VOIP and Broadband Voice the same product?
Broadband Voice, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Voice over Broadband (VoBB) are different names for the same service.
Broadband Voice is a technology that allows you to use office phone services over your fixed broadband connection using your modem.
What call management services come with Broadband Voice?
The following call management services are available on Vodafone Broadband Voice:
- Call forwarding – you can forward your calls to any business or mobile number (may incur charges depending on type of call)
- Call twinning – when someone calls your business phone, your mobile will also ring, making it an additional handset
- Call barring – this gives you control over the kind of calls you can make from your business phone (premium, international, mobile)
Please note, voicemail is also available on your Vodafone Broadband Business Phone service.
To set up any of the above services call our customer care team on 1907.
How is Broadband Voice installed?
Setup is easy! Just follow the steps detailed below.
1. Once active, the phone LED light on your modem will flash. If the phone LED light is flashing you will need to restart your modem and wait 5 minutes until the light is static.
3. If this requires you to move your phone, then we recommend that you use a cordless (DECT) handset.
4. If you ordered voicemail as part of your services, you can access this feature by dialling 171. By now you will have received your voicemail PIN by text. For security reasons you will need to reset your PIN when you first access your voicemail.
5. To set up any additional call services, e.g. call answering or outgoing call barring, please call us on 1907.
Do I need a handset for Broadband Voice?
What connection do I need to get Broadband Voice?
What happens to my current landline when I switch to Broadband Voice?
Is Broadband Voice impacted during power or broadband outages?
Broadband Voice will be unavailable during electricity or broadband service outages as the voice service is provided over broadband.
It is really important that you keep your mobile phone powered up to ensure you have access to voice and in particular emergency service calls using 999 or 112 if there is a power or broadband outage.
You may also consider purchasing a back-up battery service. We recommend purchasing online or if you look for information in our retail store our staff can direct you how to purchase a back-up battery service to support your business broadband or mobile service.
How are my phone services (e.g. monitored alarms) impacted by Broadband Voice?
Vodafone’s Broadband Voice services do not support any of the services below:
- Monitored house alarm systems
- Panic/medical alarm services
- Sky box pre-2008
- Fax lines/machines
- Any bank service machine that relies on an analogue connection (using dial-up equipment)
However, the majority of newer monitored alarm systems use a GSM (SIM card) solution to connect to the monitoring station and do not require a traditional landline.
If your system still uses a landline, you can contact your alarm provider to upgrade to a GSM solution. This will enable the alarm to be monitored over the mobile network using a SIM card, replacing the reliance on a landline.
How do I fix Broadband Voice when there is no dial tone?
Simply phone 1907
If you need support from abroad call +353 1203 7210