What are cookies
Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit a website. They mean that the website will remember you and how you've used the site every time you come back.
If you want to know more about cookies, head to aboutcookies.org
Our cookies don't hold personal information such as your name or bank details - they simply let us find that information once you're logged in. We take looking after your details seriously – we're always monitoring and improving how we protect your personal information.
Cookies and you
To buy a phone or sign up to services like My Vodafone or Vodafone Cherry Points on Pay as you go, you must have cookies enabled on your internet browser. The more popular ones are:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
You can still see the website if you choose not to enable cookies. If cookies aren't enabled, your shopping experience will be limited to just browsing our site.
Controlling your cookies
- PC users: Go to 'Help' in your browser and choosing 'About'.
- Mac users: Click on the Apple menu and choose 'About'.
How to enable cookies for PCs
- Go to Settings
- Near the bottom of the page, select Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, select Content settings.
- Select Allow local data to be set (recommended).
- Select Done.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0
- Click the Tools button and then click Internet options.
- Click the Privacy tab, and then, under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK
- Click the menu button at the top right of your browser window and select Options.
- Then select the Privacy icon.
- Set 'Firefox will:'' to 'Use custom settings for history'.
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
Safari on OSX
- Choose Safari
- Select Preferences followed by Privacy.
- You can then choose to block or unblock cookies.