Set up and installation guides
Modem set up guides
How do I configure my existing modem for Vodafone settings?
If you already have a wireless broadband modem that you want to use, you’ll need to manually configure it to work with Vodafone broadband.
Vodafone broadband settings
To find out where to enter these settings, check the instructions below (or refer to any instructions that came with your modem):
Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) Multiplexing: LLC-based
MTU: use default setting
DNS: auto assignedPreferred DNS: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS: 18.104.22.168
How do I reset my Vodafone modem?
If you are having difficulty connecting to the internet or if you changed the modem's password and have since forgotten it, then you can restore your Vodafone broadband modem to its default settings:
- Ensure the modem is powered on
- Using a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button (on lower back panel) for 5 seconds
If can't find the reset button, take a look at our modem reset support video.
Please note: standard connection charges will when viewing our support videos.
Where do I find my wireless WPA key?
The WPA Key is the case-sensitive password you need to access your the wireless network broadcast from your Vodafone modem.
The WPA security key is located on the label on the back panel of your Vodafone wireless modem.
How long does it take to set up broadband?
Before we can activate your broadband service, your landline will need to be switched over to Vodafone. This can take up to 10 working days (the average time is 5 days).
Once that happens, your broadband service will be switched on (or switched over) to Vodafone within 15 working days (although the average time is only 10 days). These are industry defined timelines, and we of course aim to provide you with service as soon as possible
What happens after I order Vodafone broadband?
Once you have ordered Vodafone broadband, several things must happen before your phone & broadband connections are activated.
- Your phone line is transferred to Vodafone. This will take a maximum of 10 working days to complete (average is 5 working days).
- Your broadband connection will then be activated. This will take a maximum of 15 days to complete (average is 10 working days).
- Once your phone and broadband connections are active, you will receive a welcome letter informing you that your line is active. If you have ordered a wireless modem, you will also be informed that it is being dispatched.
- After it has been dispatched, your wireless modem will be delivered in approximately 2 or 3 days. Once you receive it, simply follow the easy instructions in the modem's User Guide to install your modem.
Will my house alarm be affected if I move to Vodafone?
If your monitored house alarm has already been configured to work with a fixed broadband connection with your current service provider then the alarm will continue to work as normal when you switch to Vodafone.
However, if you do not currently have a fixed broadband service then to make sure everything continues to work correctly, you should contact your alarm company when switching your landline to Vodafone.
Explain that you are switching phone service provider and ask them to make the necessary changes to your alarm system. The alarm will need to be filtered so it does not interfere with your new broadband service and vice versa.
Will I get a new landline number when I switch to Vodafone?
If you are switching from another serivce prover (e.g eircom) and staying in the same property then you can keep your existing telephone number.If you are switching to Vodafone as part of a house/property relocation then you may get a new phone number if you move into a different phone code area. Your telephone number is allocated to a defined geographic area called a Minimum Numbering Area (MNA). Your MNA is part of a wider STD (Subscriber Trunk Dialling) area which has a defined dialling code.
For example the STD code for Dublin is 01 and there are 3 MNAs within the 01 Dublin area.
If you are moving from one address within your current MNA to another address within the MNA, then it should be possible to move your number, although there may be some exceptions to this for technical reasons.
If, however, you are moving from Dublin to Cork, then you will be moving from the 01 area (Dublin) to the 021 area (Cork), it will therefore not be possible to move your number to a different STD dialling code area.
When will my broadband go live?
Once we activate your telephone line, it takes up to 15 working days for your broadband to go live (although the average time is only 10 working days).
A Vodafone modem will be issued once the broadband order has been accepted. Modem deliveries take up to 3-4 working days. You will receive a text message once this has been despatched.
To find out when your installation is due, please login into your Self-Care account at using your Customer Number and email address and you can see all of your order details there
When will my PC Protect security software be activated?
If you order Vodafone PC Protect together with your Internet bundle package, you’ll get an email telling you how to activate it as soon as your order is complete. If you order it on its own, you’ll get an email within 24 hours.
What does it do?
Search, shop, download and email securely with no fear of nasty Internet threats. Vodafone PC Protect gives you the peace of mind you need to feel safe and sound online.
- Protects against all computer viruses, spam email and dangerous programs. With automatic updates it keeps you protected from new threats as they arise.
- Keeps small children and teens safe from inappropriate content, monitors their usage and locks specific users out of the internet.
- Automatically tells you which websites are safe and which to avoid.
- Prevents spam emails.
- It won't slow down your computer and there are no contracts so you can opt in or out anytime you like.