Vodafone Stay Mobile Insurance
With Vodafone Stay Mobile Insurance you don't have to worry about being left without your phone. From just 20c a day you get generous cover from lost, stolen or damaged phones - at home or abroad.
- Cover for theft, loss and accidental damage
- Cover for broken screens
- Cover while abroad
- We'll aim to send a replacement phone within 2 working days
Make a claim
Before you submit a claim please make sure to review the requirements below. Once your claim has been accepted we'll aim to send you a replacement phone within 2 working days.
Loss, theft, malicious or accidental damage
- Call 1907 right away to report your phone as lost or stolen. We'll stop others from using it to make calls.
- Report the theft or loss to the Gardaí (or relevant authorities abroad) and get a crime number within 24 hours of the incident.
- If your phone is damaged you can submit your claim by or calling 1850 92 77 11.
- Submit, track and close your claims by calling 1850 92 77 11.
Notice for Apple iPhone claims
Apple customers who have installed iOS 7 or 8 and enabled the Find my iPhone option, need to disable this feature before submitting an insurance claim.
Some devices come with this setting pre-installed so follow Apple's recommended steps to disable it.
Excess charge policy
For all first claims within a year you'll find the excess charge listed with the insurance plan. Excess charges for your second claim in one year are:
- €75 excess charge for Stay Mobile Standard and Damage Only
- €125 excess charge for Stay Mobile Extra
What's not covered
Damage arising out of manufacturing defect.
Theft, loss or damage:
- as a result of an unattended, unlocked vehicle
- when the registered SIM card is not in the phone
- of equipment left unattended in a public place
- of equipment not reported to Vodafone within 7 days of discovery
- as a result of an attempted theft of malicious damage not reported to an Garda Síochána as soon as reasonably practical
Other things you should know
- To keep your premium low, we will take action to identify fraudulent claims
- Excess charges will apply to all successful claims
- If you change your mind, you have 14 days from taking out insurance to cancel your policy without charge, as long as you haven't made a claim. The period of insurance is one calendar month.
All content in this material is for general information purposes only. It does not constitute personal advice or a recommendation to any individual or business of any product or service. Please refer to the policy documentation issued for full terms and conditions of coverage. Policies are underwritten by Chubb European Group. Chubb European Group Limited trading as Chubb, Chubb Bermuda International and Combined Insurance, is authorised and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority in the United Kingdom and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules. Registered in Ireland No. 904967 at 5 George's Dock, Dublin 1. Chubb European Group Limited (company number 1112892) is registered in England and Wales with registered offices at 100 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 3BP