Home phone usage
I'm having trouble with my home phone
Please try these simple checks:
- Check the lights on the front of the modem, making sure the Voice/VOIP light is green
- Check the DSL cable from “Phone Port 1” to your DECT phone, making sure all connections are secure and the DSL cable is not damaged
If these checks have been carried out and has not resolved your issue, please visit our Support page to contact us.
Can I get Caller ID on my landline?
Caller Line Display lets you see the number of the person who is calling you. Vodafone customers will have this service available when your landline is activated. If you want to switch this on/off simply call 1907 and one of our representatives will make the change to your account. It may take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect. If you already have this service with another provider, it will transfer across as part of your Vodafone order.
Display your number on an outgoing call
- Call 1907 and speak to one of our advisors to disable caller display restriction on your account. This will show your number to the person you are calling. We'll make the necessary change but please be aware it may take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect.
- If caller display restriction is enabled, dial 142 before the number and this will show your phone number on this call only. E.g. 142 087 1234567
Hide your number on an outgoing calls
- Call 1907 and speak to one of our advisors to enable caller display restriction on your account. This will hide your number on all outgoing calls. We'll make the necessary change but please be aware it may take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect.
- If caller display restriction is disabled, dial 141 before the number and this will hide your phone number on this call only. E.g. 141 087 1234567
I am receiving marketing calls, what can I do?
You can delist your name or go ex-directory
You may be getting calls because you are listed on the National Directory Database. Contact us and we can remove your name.
Changing your Vodafone marketing preferences
From time to time we'd like to contact you about special offers, discounts, and new services to suit your needs. You can choose what you'd like us to contact you about and how you'd like to receive the information by choosing the options that suit you best.
To update your Vodafone marketing preference simply login to your My Vodafone at Home online account.
- Click on the 'Manage account details link'.
- In the 'Your Contact Options' section, click on the 'Change options' button.
- Now tick what forms of marketing correspondences you would like to receive from Vodafone.
- Click ‘Save’ to complete the changes.
Can I bar certain types of outgoing calls from my landline?
You can bar certain call types for a monthly charge. Here are few of the types of calls you can block:
- Mobile calls
- Premium Rate calls
- International calls
- All Outbound calls
- All Inbound calls
Find out how much it costs to bar calls.
Want to set up call barring? Just give us a call on 1907.
Can I get add ons for my landline or broadband?
An Add On is a way to get extra services on your Home Phone & Broadband bundle for a small additional payment. Add ons are grouped into two categories: Voice add ons and Internet add ons.
Voice add ons are a great way to add extra minutes to your bundled call plan. The range of voice add ons include calls to mobiles, landlines and international destinations.
Internet add ons include Vodafone PC Protect - software to protect your PC from nasty viruses, hackers, spyware, spam and much more. We offer Static IP addresses which have many beneficial applications including: running a server, remote access to your computer and files, gaming and CCTV monitoring to name a few.
Find out more about the full list of service add ons here.
How to order an add on
- Login to your Vodafone at Home account
- Select add ons from the menu
- Follow the steps to choose your voice or Internet add ons.
You can also order voice and Internet add ons by giving us a call on freephone 1907.
Are calls to Northern Ireland regarded as national calls?
Calls to Northern Ireland are national calls, so the same rule of 59 minutes-per-call applies.
Be careful not to use the international prefix 0044 - or else you'll be charged at the international rate.