How much notice do I need to give if I'm moving house?
Ideally we would like to receive 1 months’ notice to ensure your service is set up in time. Sometimes we are unable to connect your property on your desired day due to the following reasons;
- If you don’t have access to the property then this will cause a delay in getting your service installed.
- Previous occupiers haven’t disconnected their service.
- Moving into a new estate that requires a new line.
If this happens our dedicated team will be there to support you and help get your service up and running as quickly as possible.
How long will it take to get my service installed if I move house?
The timelines to complete a house move will vary depending on whether a landline is available in your new home or not.
- Reconnect a landline service: To reconnect a service e.g. Broadband & Voice on an existing landline can take up to 15 working days.
- New landline service: To install a brand new landline service can take up to 28 working days.
Note: Fibre +TV orders may take longer than the above timelines
Can I get broadband in my new house?
How fast will my broadband be if I move house?
Can I keep my phone number if I move house?
Do I need to be at my new home when you connect the service?
There are times when you will need to be on site to enable us to complete your connection. These include:
- When a full installation is required e.g. Broadband + Vodafone TV
- When you are connecting to fibre and it is the first time fibre has been connected at that property. The engineer will need to install a new faceplate on the phone socket at your new home.
We’ll let you know in advance if you need to be onsite.
Can I reschedule my installation appointment?
Yes. If the engineer appointment date does not suit, you can reschedule the appointment online by visiting vodafone.ie/athomeselfcare.
If you need to change your appointment please submit your request no later than 4pm on the day before your current appointment.
Will I be able to get Vodafone TV at my new house?
We will check broadband & TV availability at your new address to determine if you can get Vodafone TV. Your new address will need to have a fibre connection with a speed of minimum 20 mbps to support our TV service (28mbps to support our Wireless Multi-Room service).
A number of things can influence the speed of your broadband including how far your property is from the local telephone exchange, the wiring within your home and your hardware e.g. modem or laptop