To use your phone on another network, you need to unlock your phone. You should test your device with a non-Vodafone SIM card to see if it's currently locked.
Before you submit a request, check the list below to make sure you're eligible to receive an unlock code:
- Your phone must have been purchased from Vodafone Ireland (phones bought from Carphone Warehouse or another store cannot be unlocked)
- The associated mobile number must have been used with the handset that is being requested to be unlocked
- You have not requested three or more unlock codes in the past 12 months and not requested one in the past 3 months
- Must have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
- Must have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
- Must have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code
How do I remove a network lock from my phone?
You can request this on My Vodafone. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to My Vodafone - If you haven't already registered for My Vodafone, check out our handy video guide which will show you the few simple steps it takes to register
- Go to 'My device & SIM'
- Choose your device
- Click 'Get your NAC'
- Follow the prompts on screen
Once you submit your request you should hear back from us within 20 working days.
Yes, there is a minimum charge from €30 to €127 depending on how much a customer has topped up by over the previous 12 months.
However if a customer satisfies the following criteria there is no charge:-
- You have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
- You have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
- You have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code
- Your phone was purchased from Vodafone Ireland
- You have not requested three or more unlock codes in the past 12 months
I’m unable to browse certain sites on my phone, what can I do?
To protect our younger customers from accessing sites which may not be appropriate, we use a content filtering system to restrict these sites from being displayed.
This may be shown in the address bar as: ‘10.163.18.69:80/XMPBLOCKED/HOLDING’).
As a Pay as you go customer, you can change the content filtering settings by visiting your local Vodafone store with ID.