To use your phone on another network, you need to unlock your phone. You should test your device with a non-Vodafone SIM card to see if it's currently locked.
Before you submit a request, check the list below to make sure you're eligible to receive an unlock code:
- Your phone must have been purchased from Vodafone Ireland (phones bought from Carphone Warehouse or another store cannot be unlocked)
- The associated mobile number must have been used with the handset that is being requested to be unlocked
- You have not requested three or more unlock codes in the past 12 months and not requested one in the past 3 months
- Must have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
- Must have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
- Must have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code
How do I remove a network lock from my phone?
You can request this on My Vodafone. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to My Vodafone - If you haven't already registered for My Vodafone, check out our handy video guide which will show you the few simple steps it takes to register
- Go to 'My device & SIM'
- Choose your device
- Click 'Get your NAC'
- Follow the prompts on screen
Once you submit your request you should hear back from us within 20 working days.
For more information on unlocking your phone see our SIM card and phone unlock page.
Yes, there is a minimum charge from €30 to €127 depending on how much a customer has topped up by over the previous 12 months.
However if a customer satisfies the following criteria there is no charge:-
- You have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
- You have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
- You have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code
- Your phone was purchased from Vodafone Ireland
- You have not requested three or more unlock codes in the past 12 months
I’m unable to browse certain sites on my phone, what can I do?
To protect our younger customers from accessing sites which may not be appropriate, we use a content filtering system to restrict these sites from being displayed.
This may be shown in the address bar as: ‘10.163.18.69:80/XMPBLOCKED/HOLDING’).
As a Pay as you go customer, you can change the content filtering settings by visiting your local Vodafone store with ID.