Are there restrictions on the use of my phone on other networks?
Yes, there are certain restrictions. To have your phone unlocked for use on another network the following conditions apply:
- Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date
- The handset must have been used in the past 24 months with the SIM associated to the account
- Your phone was purchased from Vodafone Ireland
- You have been connected to bill pay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your account
- You have not requested either: one unlock code in the past three months or three unlock codes in the past 12 months
How do I remove a network lock from my phone?
You can request this on My Vodafone. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to My Vodafone
- Go to 'My device & SIM'
- Choose your device
- Click 'Get your NAC'
- Follow the prompts on screen
Once you've submitted the request, the table below will advise how quickly you can expect to hear back.
Is there a charge for unlocking my phone, and if so why?
How long will it take to unlock my phone successfully?
You will normally receive your unlocking code within 10 working days of requesting it, however the timescale can vary depending on the phone manufacturer. Please see the timescales below: