To use your phone on another network, you need to unlock your phone. You should test your device with a non-Vodafone SIM card to see if it's currently locked.
Before you submit a request, check the list below to make sure you're eligible to receive an unlock code:
- Your phone must have been purchased from Vodafone Ireland (phones bought from other providers cannot be unlocked)
- The associated mobile number must have been used with the handset that is being requested to be unlocked
- You have not requested three or more unlock codes in the past 12 months and not requested one in the past 3 months
- Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date
- You need to be connected to bill pay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your account
How do I remove a network lock from my phone?
You can request this on My Vodafone. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to My Vodafone - If you haven't already registered for My Vodafone, check out our handy video guide which will show you the few simple steps it takes to register
- Go to 'My device & SIM'
- Choose your device
- Click 'Get your NAC'
- Follow the prompts on screen
You may also request your phone’s network unlock code, without logging into My Vodafone, through our online NAC request form found here.
Once you submit your request you should hear back from us within 20 working days.
For more information on unlocking your phone see our SIM card and phone unlock page.