To use your phone on another network, you need to unlock your phone. You should test your device with a non-Vodafone SIM card to see if it's currently locked.
Before you submit a request, check the list below to make sure you're eligible to receive an unlock code:
- Your phone must have been purchased from Vodafone Ireland (phones bought from Carphone Warehouse or another store cannot be unlocked)
- The associated mobile number must have been used with the handset that is being requested to be unlocked
- You have not requested three or more unlock codes in the past 12 months and not requested one in the past 3 months
- Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date
- You need to be connected to bill pay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your account
How do I remove a network lock from my phone?
You can request this on My Vodafone. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to My Vodafone - If you haven't already registered for My Vodafone, check out our handy video guide which will show you the few simple steps it takes to register
- Go to 'My device & SIM'
- Choose your device
- Click 'Get your NAC'
- Follow the prompts on screen
Once you submit your request you should hear back from us within 20 working days.