Login to My Vodafone to get even more help
- View your current and previous bills
- Check your remaining data, minutes and texts
- View detailed usage of current billing cycle
Frequently Asked Questions
I received a high bill - why?
Check out this YouTube video to find out all you need to know about your bill. Also, we have answered some of your questions below.
- View your 'Quick Breakdown' - On page 1 of your bill, you will see your ‘Quick Breakdown' which gives all the details and costs of your plan as well as any extra add ons you may have. It also includes the total cost of any charges outside of your plan and add ons.
- View 'Call Details' - The next section of your bill is ‘Call Details’, which gives an individual breakdown of every call, text or data connection you’ve made throughout the month. If you’ve travelled outside the EU, made international calls, or used a lot of data, there may be some charges shown here.
Can you explain the charges on my bill?
Service charges - cover the monthly fees for your price plans and any Add Ons you buy. Service charges also cover other items such as mobiles you have bought or Vodafone Stay Mobile Insurance.
Usage charges - are the totals of all your calls, messages and data outside of your inclusive minutes and Add Ons.
Inclusive minutes - are the minutes that are included in your monthly price plan.
Change your Price plan & add ons when you sign into My Vodafone.
Why are there different dates for my service and usage charges?
We charge for your price plan in advance, but we can't do this for your calls, messages and data. So your service charges are for the month coming up and your usage charges are for the month just gone.
I don't recognise these numbers?
If you have used a Vodafone service it may appear as a number that you don't know. For example:
- 087 2292222 - Vodafone's mobile internet number
- 00353 87 699989 or 00353 87 699959 - these are the numbers for Vodafone's message centre. They appear when you send texts while abroad
- 51745 - this is Vodafone's Information Services number. You may see this number on your bill if you're subscribed to Vodafone Text Alerts.
How much are call charges on Vodafone bill pay price plans?
The best way to check your price plan and find out how much you’re being charged is to register your account on My Vodafone.
My Vodafone allows you to view details of your bills and to check or change your current price plan. Login to My Vodafone to check your price plan and call rates now. Alternatively, you can find out more about current plans or Vodafone legacy plans in the shop section of our site.
Why is my first bill greater than my stated monthly charge?
The reason for this is that the first bill includes charges from when you joined, along with charges for one month in advance. All bills thereafter are charged for one month in advance and they should match up to the price you're expecting.
Why is my mobile bill higher than normal?
There are a few reasons why your bill may be higher than you expect:
- A promotional offer may have ended
- You may have ordered a new phone or accessories in the past month
- Calls made abroad are often charged at a higher rate and may not be seen until your next bill
- Increased usage may have meant you exceeded your allowance and received charges
- You may have changed your price plan part way through the month. Manage your price plan & add ons
What period does my bill cover?
The dates of your charges will be clearly shown on your paper or e-bill. Line rental is usually paid in advance for the next month; whereas call charges are from the previous month. There may be times where calls go back further than a month but have only just reached your account. This is usually for calls made while you were abroad.
When does my monthly allowances refresh?
You can start using your new monthly allowance from the first day of your bill cycle - this is either the 7th, 14th, 21st or last day of the month, depending on when you joined Vodafone.
I’ve changed my monthly add ons - when will they activate?
Any changes you make to your plan or add ons come into effect from the start of your new bill cycle.
How do I activate my new SIM card?
1. Dial 1907
If you're a Bill pay customer, you can activate your own SIM card by dialling 1907 from another phone and follow these steps. You will need your new sim card number and Self Service PIN to complete this task.
- Choose Option 1 for Mobile Services.
- Choose Option 3 for SIM Activation.
- Then Option 1 for SIM Activation.
- Enter your SIM Number and Self Service PIN.
2. Text 50005
Alternatively, if you have upgraded, you can text SIM followed by the below details to 50005. Your new SIM will be active within 1 hour.
- New SIM card number
- Old SIM card number OR 3 of your most frequently dialled numbers
When will I be eligible for an upgrade?
The best way to find out if you’re eligible for an upgrade is to login in to My Vodafone and choose 'Check for Upgrade' in the dashboard. This section will also tell you when your next upgrade date will be.
Alternatively, check out our Upgrade Anytime offer if you’d like to get hold of a new handset without needing to wait.
Get help and support with phones, devices and modems
Technical Support (from Vodafone phones)
1740 - free
Technical Support (from other phones)
1850 995 133 - 31c/call
Customer Care (from abroad)
+35312038232 - normal rates
1800 595 595 - free