How do I start the Trade In process?
How do I find the exact model of my smartphone?
I can't find my smartphone in the Trade In search bar
I am having a problem entering my IMEI
My camera test isn’t working
How is the buyback value calculated?
What if Recommerce evaluates my smartphone differently to the online process?
Can I sell landline phones or tablets?
How long is the buyback value offer valid for?
How do I send my old smartphone?
What do I need to consider before shipping?
Recommerce permanently and securely deletes all personal data on your old smartphone in the processing centre.
Nevertheless, we recommend that you delete all your data yourself before sending it away. Save your data beforehand or transfer it to your new phone (if you have one) before sending your old smartphone away. Disable all access codes, for example the PIN code, reactivate the default settings, remove the SIM card, or delete the eSIM from your old smartphone.
How do I turn off the Find My iPhone feature?
To disable the "Find my iPhone" function:
- Go to "Settings"
- Click on your name on the Apple ID
- Click on your device
- Click on "Find my iPhone"
- Switch off the function
You can find more information about this on Apple's iCloud support page.
How do I remove a Google account from my old smartphone?
To remove a Google account from your smartphone:
- Open your smartphone's Settings app
- Select "Google"
- Then tap "Manage Google Account"
- Select "Security"
- Select your device and click on "Remove"
How do I find out if my smartphone has a SIM or network lock?
How can I track the processing of my old smartphone?
Why does my old smartphone go to Recommerce and not to Vodafone?
Do I send accessories from my old smartphone like headphones or cables?
No. All you must do is to send your old smartphone. You can keep your accessories such as headphones or charging cables and continue to use them.
Important: You will not get your accessories or the original packaging back if you send them with your old smartphone. Recommerce recycles them for free. Do not send a smartphone with a damaged or bloated battery. You can recognise this by, for example, a deformation of the smartphone or extraordinary heat development.
What if my old smartphone is lost or damaged in transit to Recommerce?
What if I don't want to send my old smartphone or if I don't send it in time?
The buyback value for your old smartphone is considered an offer for 15 days.
You can only cancel the order if you have not yet sent your smartphone. If you would like to cancel a return that you have already made via the ReTrade process, please email our partner Recommerce to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does it take to check my old smartphone?
What happens to my data?
What happens if I leave my SIM in my old smartphone?
How long does it take to receive payment for my old smartphone?
What will happen to my old smartphone?
Can I return damaged or broken smartphones?
Yes, you can drop off damaged or broken smartphones to selected stores to be recycled. See below for a list of Vodafone Retail stores where this service is available.
- Unit 133 Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
- Unit 9, Frascati Centre, Blackrock, Co Dublin
- Unit 3/15, Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin 14
- 22/23 Henry Street, Dublin 1
- 48 Grafton Street, Dublin 2
- Unit 18b, Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, Dublin 22
- The Zone, MountainView, Leopardstown, Dublin 18
- Unit 2a, Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Dublin 14
- Unit G13, The Pavilions Shopping Centre, Swords, Co Dublin
- The Square Shopping Centre, Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Omni Shopping Centre, Santry, Dublin 9
- Unit 21A Golden Island Shopping Centre, Athlone, Co Westmeath
- Unit 29, Mahon Point Shopping Centre, Cork
- Unit 13, Navan Shopping Centre, Co Meath
- Unit 1, Whitewater Shopping Centre, Newbridge, Co Kildare
- 3 O'Connell Street, Co. Limerick
- 109 Oliver Plunkett Street, Co. Cork
- City Square SC, Co. Waterford
- 33 North Main Street, Co. Wexford
- Unit 23, Wilton Shopping Centre, Co. Cork
- Unit 24a Crescent Shopping Centre, Dooradoyle, Co. Limerick
- 45 Williams St, Co. Galway
- Unit 4 Monread Centre, Monread Road, Naas, Co Kildare
- 97 Main Street, Bray, Co Wicklow
- 12 Kenyon Street, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
- 69-70 High Street, Co. Kilkenny
- Market Square, Cavan, Co Cavan.
- Unit 7, North Main Street, Naas, Co Kildare
- 8 College Street, Killarney, Co Kerry
- Main Street, Donegal, Co. Donegal
- James Street, Westport, Co. Mayo