Current Terms and Conditions
Vodafone Pay As You Go Connected Top Up Offer Terms
The following terms and conditions of the Vodafone Pay As You Go Connected top up Offer (the "Offer") are in addition to and form part of the General Terms and Conditions of the Vodafone Mobile Telecommunications Service and the Vodafone Pay As You Go Advantage Plus Tariff terms; both of which are available on www.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go. In the event of any conflict between the terms, the order of precedence is as follows: the terms and conditions set out below first, followed by the terms of the Vodafone Pay As You Go Advantage Plus Tariff and then the General Terms and Conditions of the Vodafone Mobile Telecommunications Service, which are available on available here.
1. Eligibility Criteria for the Offer: To avail of the Offer you must:
a. be a new or existing Vodafone Pay As You Go customer or an existing bill pay customer who is outside of their minimum contract term; and,
b. be receiving a government unemployment benefit and provide Vodafone with verification evidence of receipt of same. “Government unemployment benefit” includes the following only a) jobseekers allowance, b) jobseekers benefit, or c) pandemic unemployment payment. Verification evidence means evidence in the form of a screenshot of the latest payment on your mywelfare.ie Payment History page which shows the date you have last received your unemployment payment. Verification evidence must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Offer can only be claimed once per person. Vodafone’s determination in respect of eligibility shall be final.
2. How to apply for the Offer: Eligible customers can apply for the Offer by:
a. submitting their details on the dedicated PAYG Connected Offer page: https://n.vodafone.ie/offers/jobseekers-hub.html ; and,
b. emailing your verification evidence to us as set out in “eligibility” above.
Eligible customers must follow the application instructions and submit the verification evidence on or before 1st July 2021 (the “Registration Period”). After applying for the Offer, we will send you a SMS confirmation when you have successfully been accepted onto the Offer (“Offer Confirmation SMS”).
3. Offer Duration: If you receive an Offer Confirmation SMS, you will remain on the Offer for a six month period from the date you were accepted to the Offer (the “Offer Duration”). When this 6 month period has expired, you will immediately revert back to your previous top up offer. We will send you a reminder SMS notification ahead of your Offer Duration coming to an end.
4. How to activate the Offer: After receipt of your Offer Confirmation SMS, the Offer will be activated every time you top up by €15 or more in one transaction. €15 will be debited from your credit balance and the Offer will activate; providing you with the Offer Allowance detailed below. This €15 charge will apply each time you top up by €15 or more in one transaction. You must top up by €15 or more in one transaction every 28 days in order to receive the Offer Allowance otherwise standard Advantage Plus rates will apply. It is not possible to activate the Offer using the prepay credit you may have on your account balance.
5. The Offer Allowance: When this Offer is activated you will receive the following allowance to use during the following 28 day offer period: unlimited national minutes and texts, and unlimited data. a. Inclusive national minutes apply to calls to Irish mobile and landlines in the Republic of Ireland, calls to your voice mail and calls to non-geographic numbers only. Excludes international, premium rate & directory enquiries calls. b. Inclusive texts apply to texts to Irish mobiles in the Republic of Ireland only. Excludes texts to landlines, international texts, premium rate texts & picture messages.
6. Roaming: Under EU roaming regulations, Vodafone customers are entitled to bring their home tariff abroad when travelling in the EEA. As such; you can use your top up offer domestic minutes, texts and data allocation while roaming in the EEA in the same way you use the allowances domestically. Use of the allowance when roaming in the EEA is intended for periodic travel only, it isn’t meant for users roaming on a semi-permanent or permanent basis. For any other destination the monthly allocations cannot be used while roaming outside of the EEA. See our general terms and roaming terms on www.vodafone.ie/terms and our roaming page www.vodafone.ie/roaming for more information.
7. When you sign up to the Offer you will be placed on our Vodafone Advantage Plus tariff and Advantage Plus rates will apply after opt in to any usage outside of any active top up offer allowance. For further details of this tariff see terms and conditions on www.vodafone.ie/terms and for full detail on applicable rates and charges see: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/rates.html.
8. How long is the Offer Allowance period? The Offer Allowance will last for a maximum of 28 days. The allowances provided with this Offer will expire after a 28 day period if unused. There is no carry forward of unused Offer Allowance if you complete a new minimum amount top up, before an existing 28 day Offer period expires. If you switch from Pay As You Go to Vodafone post-pay, no part or element of this Offer will be carried over.
9. If you need to top up again during your 28-day Offer period, it is recommended that you top up by less than the minimum amount if you want to retain the Offer Allowance for your existing 28-day Offer period. i.e. €5 or €10 top up. A top up by €15 or more within an existing 28-day Offer period will activate the Offer and a new 28-day Offer period will commence. If you top up by €15 or more in one go before the expiry date, your offer will reset and any remaining allowances will not carry forward at the time of top up. If you top up by less than €15 in one go; this credit will be added to your credit balance.
10. Important: If you are already opted into a Vodafone Pay As You Go top up offer (your “current top up offer”), this current top up offer will not be impacted by this promotional Offer. If you top up by the relevant amount to activate your current top up offer, your current top up offer will activate in the usual manner. For example if you are opted into Chat Extra or Vodafone X, and you top up by €20 or more during the Offer Duration, your current top up offer amount will be deducted from your credit balance and you will activate your current top up offer and this Offer. If you do not wish to activate your current top up offer and you only wish to activate this Offer; please top up by €15 only. You can top up by €15 through the quick top up webpage or the https://n.vodafone.ie/vodafone-apps/my-vodafone-app.html
11. A reminder will be sent via SMS to customers on the Offer towards the end of the 4 week Offer period to top up to continue to avail of the Offer. Vodafone does not warrant or represent that it shall send such a reminder and it shall not be responsible for any liability incurred by customers as a result of its failure to do so.
12. The Offer must be used in accordance with our agreement with you and must be used by you for your personal, private and legitimate consumer purposes only. You must not use the Offer for commercial or fraudulent purposes. If Vodafone is of the opinion that your usage is contrary to these principles; for example if your usage is excessive to the extent that it is negatively impacting the Vodafone Network, or if your usage constitutes commercial or fraudulent use or is in breach of the law; Vodafone reserves the right to suspend, at its absolute discretion, modify or restrict use of the service or to disconnect you from the Vodafone network. We will attempt to contact you if we need to suspend or disconnect your service but we are not liable for any loss you may suffer through
13. Speed: For information on mobile network speed and information on your rights, should you experience issues with your internet access speed is set out here: https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/data-speed-information.html.
14. Vodafone IOU services are not available on this Offer. A customer will be unable to opt into the Offer if they currently have an IOU service active, a top up will be needed before opt in to clear the outstanding balance. Once opted into the Offer the IOU service will not be available
15. We reserve the right to verify the validity of applicants for the Offer and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process, do not meet the eligibility requirements or do not comply with these terms.
16. Once you sign up to this Offer, you are giving your consent to Vodafone to contact you regarding changes/enhancements to the Offer and updates while you remain signed up to this Offer.
17. Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw the Offer generally or from any particular customer at any time and to vary or amend any element of this Offer at any time without further notice. In particular, we may change or extend the Offer Duration or Offer Registration Period as we see fit.
18. These terms and conditions may be varied or amended by Vodafone for any valid commercial, technical or operational reason.
19. Whilst we will try and fulfil our obligations to run this Offer smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens that is beyond our reasonable control.
20. Where applicable, you can find full information on, and our cancellation form for, cooling off rights under the Consumer Information Regulations 2013 in respect of the Offer here: https://n.vodafone.ie/support/orders.html.