My Vodafone app
The quickest and easiest way to top up is through the My Vodafone app. Here you can top up, check balance and much more while on the go.
Free call or text
You can do a quick top up by speaking to one of our agents on 1741 option 2. While on the call, you can also opt to save your card details so that you can top up by text.
Once this is done, simply text 'TOPUP' followed by the top up amount and last 4 digits of your registered payment card to 50277. (e.g. TOPUP 30 1234 to top up by €30)
You can also top up online or at any ATM with the following banks:
You can buy a top up voucher at any one of over 7,500 retailers nationwide as well as in any Vodafone Store.
I'm having issues topping up
No confirmation text received
If you have topped up and didn't get your top up confirmation text instantly, don’t worry this message is sometimes delayed. This doesn't mean your top up has not been successful. Please check again later.
With system improvements over the coming months, this message will become instantaneous.
Issues with top up voucher
If you are having issues with your top up voucher, ensure you have entered the 13 digit number correctly. If you are still having issues then you should request a new code from a retail store or customer care agent.
You can find store locations and customer care contact information on our Pay as you go support hub.
How long is top up credit valid?
When you top up, you can make calls for 6 months and receive calls for 8 months. After 8 months your call credit will expire.
Once you top up, all previous credit (even expired credit) becomes valid.
- For example, if you go 6 months without topping up but have €5.00 credit left, you won't be able to make calls
- But if you then top up by €10.00, all €15.00 of your credit will be available for making calls over the next 6 months
I tried to log in to My Vodafone but my account is marked inactive - why?
If you have not topped up in a number of months, your account may have been marked as inactive. If so, the below information will tell you what to do.
- 6 months after the last top up - you'll get a text advising that you'd need to top up within 7 days to keep your service active
- 6 months and 7 days after last top up - outgoing calls and texts will be deactivated, incoming services stay active
- 8 months after last top up - you'll get another text advising of impending disconnection if you do not top up in the next 7 days
- 8 months and 7 days after last top up - your number will be disconnected, but it can be reactivated at any time within 6 months
- 14 months after last top up - your number is recycled and cannot be returned to you
Can I get my friend to top me up?
Top Me Up
With Vodafone Top Me Up, there's always someone who'll give you credit. All you need are family or friends on a Vodafone bill pay price plan. They can top you up online or by text at any time. It's quick, it's easy and it's free.
I'm on pay as you go - how do I get credit sent to me?
- To get credit from a family member or friend, on a Vodafone bill pay price plan, all you have to do is text their number to 50228.
- The person you're asking will receive a text from you, that reads 'Please Top Me Up'.
- They can then top you up by texting your number, followed by a space and the amount they want to top you up with, to 50228. For example, if your number is 0877654321 and they want to top you up by €20, their reply text will be: 0877654321 20. They will need to send their reply text within 24 hours of receiving your request.
- They will receive a three-digit PIN code from 50228.
- To confirm the top up, they text this PIN code back to 50228.
- The credit is automatically added to your mobile and you will both receive a text confirming this. All texts involved in Vodafone Top Me Up are free.
Terms and conditions apply.
How can I get IOU credit?
Never get stuck without credit. Here's how:
Vodafone IOU & Super IOU
With Vodafone IOU, you can get a €2 or €4 boost of credit to keep you going until the next time you top up. So when you get that punctured tyre or absolutely have to respond to that special someone... you can! The next time you top up, you'll be charged for the amount of the IOU you used plus 15c for a €2 IOU or 30c for a €4 Super IOU.
How do I get it?
- Text IOU to 50223 and receive €2 credit instantly!
- Text SUPER to 50223 and receive €4 credit instantly!
View terms and conditions for IOU Credit.
How much does it cost to use data on my phone?
It depends. If you have a Pay as you go data add on, or you've opted in to one of our top up offers, then any data you use will be deducted from this allowance.
Check out our pay as you go top up offers and add ons.
View pay as you go out of offer charges.
Find out more about data usage.
How much are call charges with Pay as you go price plans?
The best way to check your price plan, and to find out how much you're being charged, is to register your account on My Vodafone.
My Vodafone allows you view your pay as you go call charges and to check or change your price plan.
Alternatively, you can find out more about Pay as you go price plans in the sales brochure pages of our site.
International Top Up Offer Countries
With the Vodafone Pay as you go international top up offer you can call any of the following countries:
Why can't I use IOU Buddy?
The IOU Buddy service has now been discontinued.
You can still make sure you never get stuck without credit by using Vodafone IOU and Super IOU.