How does my top up offer work?
A top up offer means you pay a certain amount (dependent on what plan you choose) and for this price, you will receive lots of great allowances that are included in this plan.
Smart Extra example:
- Opt in to Smart Extra by texting SMART EXTRA to 50222. You’ll receive a text message confirming that you’re registered for the top up offer
- After you receive your confirmation text, top up by €20 in one go to activate your top up offer and avail of great allowances including data, text and voice
- The €20 will be taken from your balance; this will activate your data, text and voice allowances for you to use as you wish for 28 days. Your balance will then be €0.00, unless you topped up by more than €20
- Now you can start using your top up offer
Download the My Vodafone app, where you can top up and track your usage.
I want to keep my credit and not re-activate my top up offer
My balance is zero - why?
I have lost some of my credit - why?
If you are trying to figure out what your credit has been spent on, you should check your usage in the My Vodafone app. When checking your usage, you should keep an eye out for the following:
- Calls and texts - Check you are on the correct top up offer and ensure you haven't exceeded your allowance for calls and texts. For example, your top up offer may not include international minutes and this will result in out-of-bundle charges.
- Data charges - Check to see if you have gone over the allowance that you have in your monthly top up offer. Also, if you are using your phone as a hotspot, make sure you are using the live.vodafone.com APN as this is the only one covered in your allowance.
- Premium Texts - Keep an eye out for texts from 5 digit numbers that cost you money. You can sometimes get signed up to these unknowingly by entering certain competitions etc. You can visit the Comreg website and enter the 5 digit number to see how to unsubscribe and who the company are.
How often do I need to re-activate my top up offer?
How do I see how much credit I have left?
On My Vodafone, you can see your remaining credit and view your top up history.
On your phone
Simply text BAL to 50233 and we’ll send you a message with your remaining balance - and the text is free.
If you have a smartphone, you can download the My Vodafone app for free and check your balance on the go!
Can I get my friend to top me up?
Top Me Up
With Vodafone Top Me Up, there's always someone who'll give you credit. All you need are family or friends on a Vodafone bill pay price plan. They can top you up online or by text at any time. It's quick, it's easy and it's free.
I'm on pay as you go - How do I get credit sent to me?
- To get credit from a family member or friend, on a Vodafone bill pay price plan, all you have to do is text their number to 50228.
- The person you're asking will receive a text from you, that reads 'Please Top Me Up'.
- They can then top you up by texting your number, followed by a space and the amount they want to top you up with, to 50228. For example, if your number is 0877654321 and they want to top you up by €20, their reply text will be: 0877654321 20. They will need to send their reply text within 24 hours of receiving your request.
- They will receive a three-digit PIN code from 50228.
- To confirm the top up, they text this PIN code back to 50228.
- The credit is automatically added to your mobile and you will both receive a text confirming this. All texts involved in Vodafone Top Me Up are free.
Terms and conditions apply.
How can I receive IOU credit?
Never get stuck without credit. Here's how:
Vodafone IOU & Super IOU
With Vodafone IOU, you can get a €2 or €4 boost of credit to keep you going until the next time you top up. So when you get that punctured tyre or absolutely have to respond to that special someone... you can! The next time you top up, you'll be charged for the amount of the IOU you used plus 15c for a €2 IOU or 30c for a €4 Super IOU.
How do I get it?
- Text IOU to 50223 and receive €2 credit instantly!
- Text SUPER to 50223 and receive €4 credit instantly!
- You can also get IOU & Super IOU on My Vodafone.
View terms and conditions for IOU Credit.
My Vodafone App
The easiest and quickest way to top up is through the My Vodafone App. Our My Vodafone App page gives you all the information you need to download the app.
Quick Top Up
With Vodafone you can do a quick top up without calling into a store, simply log onto My Vodafone or call 1741 option 2 and top up directly, while you’re there you can also save your payment card details and use our other quick top up services.
Once your details are saved, you can now top up in the following ways:
- Automatic Top up - Schedule a top up for each week or month by calling 1741 or logging onto MyVodafone.
- Text - Text "TOPUP" followed by the top up amount and last 4 digits of your registered payment card to 50277. (e.g. TOPUP 30 1234) to top up by 30euro.
- Online - Log onto My Vodafone to top up instantly.
- Free Call - 1741 option 2 to talk to a customer rep and top up.
You can also top up online or at any ATM with the following banks:
You can buy a top up voucher at any one of over 7,500 retailers nationwide as well as in any Vodafone Store.
How much does it cost to use data on my phone?
It depends. If you have a Pay as you go data add-on or you've signed up for one of our competitive data offers then any data you use will be deducted from this allowance.
Check out our pay as you go top up offers & add ons.
View pay as you go out of offer charges.
Find out more about data usage.
How much are call charges with Pay as you go price plans?
The best way to check your price plan – and to find out how much you're being charged – is to register your account on My Vodafone.
My Vodafone allows you view your pay as you go call charges and to check or change your price plan.
Alternatively, you can find out more about Vodafone Pay as you go price plans in the sales brochure pages of our site.
International Top Up Offer Countries
With the Vodafone Pay as you go international top up offer you can call any of the following countries:
How long is top up credit valid?
When you top up, you can make calls for 6 months and receive calls for 8 months. After 8 months your call credit will expire.
Once you top up, all previous credit (even expired credit) becomes valid.
- For example, if you go 9 months without topping up but have €5.00 credit left, you won't be able to make calls.
- But if you then top up by €10.00, all €15.00 of your credit will be available for making calls over the next 6 months.
Why can't I use IOU Buddy?
The IOU Buddy service has now been discontinued.
You can still make sure you never get stuck without credit by using Vodafone IOU and Super IOU.