How does my top up offer work?
A top up offer means you pay a certain amount (dependent on what plan you choose) and for this price, you will receive lots of great allowances that are included in this plan.
Smart Extra example:
- Opt in to Smart Extra by texting SMART EXTRA to 50222. You’ll receive a text message confirming that you’re registered for the top up offer
- After you receive your confirmation text, top up by €20 in one go to activate your top up offer and avail of great allowances including data, text and voice
- The €20 will be taken from your balance; this will activate your data, text and voice allowances for you to use as you wish for 28 days. Your balance will then be €0.00, unless you topped up by more than €20
- Now you can start using your top up offer
Download the My Vodafone app, where you can top up and track your usage.
I want to keep my credit and not reactivate my top up offer
My balance is zero - why?
I have lost some of my credit - why?
If you are trying to figure out what your credit has been spent on, you should check your usage in the My Vodafone app. When checking your usage, you should keep an eye out for the following:
- Calls and texts - Check you are on the correct top up offer and ensure you haven't exceeded your allowance for calls and texts. For example, your top up offer may not include international minutes and this will result in out-of-bundle charges.
- Data charges - Check to see if you have gone over the allowance that you have in your monthly top up offer. Also, if you are using your phone as a hotspot, make sure you are using the live.vodafone.com APN as this is the only one covered in your allowance.
- Premium Texts - Keep an eye out for texts from 5 digit numbers that cost you money. You can sometimes get signed up to these unknowingly by entering certain competitions etc. You can visit the Comreg website and enter the 5 digit number to see how to unsubscribe and who the company are.